© All rights reserved
COVID - 19 Response
During this challenging time as we are affected by COVID-19, our main focus at Atlanta Harm Reduction Coalition, Inc. remains the health and safety of our staff and clients. As we are fighting this deadly virus through practicing sanitation and social distancing, our agency remains committed in helping thousands of individuals who are in need of our services.
Here is how we are responding:
- Statewide Advocacy around COVID-19
- Mass Education around COVID-19
- Operator availability through dialing 404-817-9994, Monday through Friday 10 am – 5 pm that will allow public to receive important information that can help sustain their lives during these challenging times
- Virtual Case Management through linkage team for needs outside of HIV and substance use
- Assistance with Food through food card distribution to 40 families per month ($50 value)
- Assistance with Emergency Transportation (Lyft) to Emergency Rooms/Departments for individuals with emergency COVID-19 symptoms
- Assistance with Medication needs (Restriction applies)
- Assistance with hygiene kits specific to homeless population
In addition to our efforts around COVID-19, AHRC remains committed in providing our regular services to the communities we serve.
Here are services we are currently providing:
- Contact free outreach: Outreaches that includes condom, pamphlet, and PROMISE distributions are conducted Monday – Friday during daytime.
- HIV Testing: We are now offering home HIV test kits, so individuals’ high risk for HIV can learn about their status at the comfort of their home or at our clinic Monday – Friday 11 AM – 3 PM.
- STI Testing: We are now offering STI testing at our clinic Monday – Friday 11 AM – 3 PM.
- Client Transport via Lyft: Clients who are in need of linkage to medical services are provided with Lyft transport.
- Syringe Services Program: SSP is currently scheduled at regular times of Monday, Wed, and Sunday every other week.
- Narcan distribution: Narcan distribution is available via request, during SSP activities, and statewide to our distributors.
- Virtual and in person counseling and case management services: All individual and group counseling and case management are conducted via phone and share media and in person at our Counseling Center, Monday – Friday 11 AM – 3 PM.
- Telehealth: We continue to provide treatment for PrEP, HCV, and HIV via phone and shared media. Medications are delivered to patients’ home via our specialty pharmacy or through our clinic team. Additionally, our clinic is open every Wednesday (11 AM – 1 PM) for patients with appointments.
- Advocacy and mass education: Our advocacy team continues to conduct policy and advocacy work including voter engagement, mass education and harm reduction training, and leadership training through social media, share media, email, flyer distribution, and our website.
At this point, all HIV and HCV testing (except home HIV testing) and night outreaches have been suspended until further notice.
All activities not mentioned are temporarily ceased. For most up to date information please visit our website regularly.
Schedule of Services Offered
Drop-in Center: Open 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM, Monday – Thursday
Syringe Services Program: Every Wednesday 1:30 PM to 3:00 PM, 460 James P. Brawley Dr. NW, Atlanta, GA 30318 // Every Other Sunday 11:00 AM to 12:30 PM, 1154 Euclid Ave., NE, Atlanta, GA 30307
Connect to Care Clinic: Open 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM, Monday – Friday & Telehealth services available Monday – Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Counseling Center: Open 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM, Monday – Friday
Georgia Department of Public Health COVID-19 Daily Status Report
|COVID-19 Confirmed Cases:||No. Cases|
These data represent confirmed cases of COVID-19 reported to the Georgia Department of Public Health as of 07/16/2020, 2:50:06 pm.
A confirmed case is defined as a person who has tested positive for 2019 novel coronavirus.