Mothers On the Move (M.O.M):
Being a mom is hard enough, it is especially harder when you are in it alone. At AHRC, we believe being in a relationship does not always mean support is available. This is why we are here to help. The purpose of Mothers On the Move (MOM) is to assist low-income single mothers/grandmothers and their underaged children (<18) in achieving independent, self-sufficient lives through group discussions, support from peers and case managers, identification of strategies that allow for positive parenting and enhancement of self-esteem, identification of impacts caused by domestic violence, substance use, and mental health conditions, and access to services.
- Support Group
- Assistance with Obtaining Furniture
- Assistance with Obtaining Clothes
- Assistance with Obtaining Government Benefits
- Assistance with Hygiene kits
- Assistance with School Supplies
- Assistance with Food
- Assistance with Christmas Gifts for kids
- Referral to services
- Access to condoms
Hours of Operations:
- AHRC’s Counseling Center:
- Mon, Tue, and Wed 10-5
- Thursday: 11-6
- Friday: 10-4
Call us or email us at email@example.com to set up an appointment. Walk-ins are welcome.
* Grocery Bags are distributed every Tuesday at 4 pm. Supplies are limited, First Come, First Served. We recommend arriving early or on-time.
* Registration is required for School Supplies. Supplies are limited, First Come First Serve. We recommend you register early. Supplies are distributed in July of each year.
* Registration is required for Toys For Tots (Christmas Gift for Children). Supplies are limited, First Come First Serve. We recommend you register early. Toys are distributed in December of each year.
* Registration is required for Furniture. AHRC only sponsors cost for 10 families per calendar year. First Come, First Served. Assistance is open all year round. Beyond sponsorship of full cost for first 10 families, AHRC will assist families with obtaining Furniture through Furniture bank at a cost set by the bank.